Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1st wash/3rd Hairstyle

Hey everyone. So today was my 1st wash since the 1st wash that I got my hair installed. I don't know if that makes sense. But that is the best way that I can explain it.lol. My hair was banded, washed with the sisterlocks shampoo,rolled up with rollers. I sat under the dryer. Then my hair was styled. Below I have posted pictures of it all. I had one little baby slip in the front.. But when my consultant was installing my hair she told me that that one might slip and it did.  But she fixed it and its like new. I am not really having an itchy scalp but a flaky scalp.. That shampoo is really drying my hair out. So I might look into rosewater. I hear a lot of sisterlocks beauties talk about it. But I am going to hold out on it... I might use it after my hair has been installed for at least a few months.. But we shall see. If you guys have any suggestions please feel free to tell me. What do you guys do to eliminate a flaky scalp?
CLICK ON LINK TO SEE PICTURES
Click on the photos to enlarge


back roller set


side


side


side updo


side

another angle

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I am really loving your locs and kudos to your loctician, she has some mad skills. The parts are soooooo neat oh my goodness! I just have a quick question because I am 1 week into my SL journey and my scalp is super itchy....I have tried rose water and witch hazel but it aint helping. I noticed...is it that you are washing your hair every week??? Can I do that??? Are you using the SL starter shampoo? You are welcome to stop by my blog some time (nabstural.blogspot.com), I have really enjoyed yours!! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! that is so sweet of you. I actually still use the starter shampoo. Even though I do not like the starter shampoo I still use it. lol. It makes my hair soooo dry and flaky. Even though I wash my hair every 7-10 days my hair is still flakey, dry, and itchy after a wash with SL starter shampoo. I use the rosewater and distill water combo on my hair and I do not have that flaky feeling. My hair still itches from time to time but its not as bad.. The 1st 2 weeks I started with little misting my hair with water and 2 drops of peppermint oil once a week... That did not really help me. Now I just use the starter shampoo and rosewater. I hope that help. But I would def talk to your consultant and listen to what he or she suggests they know best. I didn't start using the rosewater until about 5 days ago. And I am a month into my journey. In these pictures I was not using the rosewater yet. And I will def follow your blog.

      Delete