Saturday, September 22, 2012

Under the dryer

It's the night before my 2nd retighten with Ms. Zelda and decided to wash my hair and sit under the dryer. Tomorrow will also be my 8th month sisterlocks anniversary! Go me!

I think I am getting better at washing my hair. I'm probably not... But this go round I did get all the shampoo out of my hair. I also added smaller sections in my hair when I was banding it. That makes it easier to wash it.

This go round I also put my SL shampoo in a spray bottle that I diluted it with water and sprayed it directly on my scalp. That seems to help( got the idea from YouTube)
Also once a month just to give my sisterlocks that extra clean feeling. I spray my apple cider vinegar and water that I have in a spray bottle on my hair. I let it sit for a few mintues and then I rinse it out.( got the idea from from my former consultant, Ms. Tanisha, oh how I miss her), I don't know why but I don't put anything on my hair except the SL shampoo but I seems to have build up in my hair from time to time so I use that before I wash my hair with the sisterlocks shampoo. So far so good.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah....about that dryer in this stage of your journey....How about washing your hair just before your reti and let it air dry. That type of heat can be drying some more. From your pictures you have a lot of beautiful hair!!! The SL shampoo is made to be a little drying to help the locking process. Having your hair a little damp going to your reti helps the consultant and makes it less painful for you in the days to come! Lemon juice from a lemon, not the bottle is good as a clarifier before you shampoo your hair. In between shampoos,about 6-7 drops of peppermint oil in a big spay bottle of distilled water is a good refresher and it stimulates the scalp.A healthy scalp is a great enviorment for hair growth. Hope this helps......Keep it growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My retighten are not painful at all. I always hear people say that. But I do not experience any pain during my retighten. And I am very tenderheader. In regards to heater I have sat under the dryer from the beginning. I do not like air drying my hair. My hair is really thick and what takes someone a hour or two to do it takes my hair 3x the times the amount. Also thank you for the spray bottle tip as well.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info. I am scheduled for SL install on 11/14 & 11/15 and looking for good advice for new locs. Also, I have very thick and dense hair. Any tips? Your lovely locs look thick also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I am soooo excited for you! You will love them! Yes I have very thick hair. My suggestion is to get them as small as you can, because our hair is natural dense when our hair swells up you dont want it to be thick like a tradional loc. Mines are small in the front and medium in the back. My consultant at the time made mines smaller than the average side small and smaller than the average size medium. I love the way they look. I hope this helped!

      Delete