Friday, November 7, 2014

Lets talk about that previous post...

So apparently the previous post was never posted. It was from a enlighten that I had back in September or maybe it was August. As I mention, my consultant Gia moved to Hawaii son I was on the search once again for a a consultant. I went to a trainee and she did a wonderful job but then school started for her and she couldn't do retighten anymore.... so I was on the search once again. So went to a trainee on the sisterlocks website and and I went to a woman that was on there. Come to find out, she messed up my hair I sat in her chair for 13 hours for my retighten.... she put grease in my hair unbeknownst to me until I turned around and saw what she was doing. I informed her to stop. Which she did. I try to have a heart and have some kind of compassion for newbies bc at one time all consultants are newbie. But i have never sat that long for a rerighten. Plus I was at week 4 or5. So i shouldnt have to sit that long i know i didnt have that much new growth.But then what made me upset was that three to five days later my sisterlocks looked like I didnt even get them retighten. I was ubsure if she twisted them I dont know what she did. But I did call her twice and I left her a voicemail stating to her how I was u pleased with my hair. To make sure that it was not just me, I went to 2 different consultants to have them chexk out my hair.... and they both said the same thing.  She messed up my hair. Why go to the sisterlocks class to be a consultant have your name on the list all to just not do it the sisterlocks way it was ridiculous. ... it took me 4 washes to get whatever grease she put in my hair. I was soooo pissed. I dont put anything in my hair but water. I wash my hair with the sisterlocks shampoo and thats its. My hair doesn't experience flakes in fact my hair is very shiny. And has lots of body. She never called me back oh course.  But whatev..... I reported her to headquarters.... maybe she needs to tske a refresher course which I dont know why when she just took the class in April so why did you mess up my hair in September....

Fast forward to October... I had to pay another consultant to retighten my hair... she did it correctly. However I was still pissed that I had to turn around and not even 2 weeks later pay someone to do my hair all over again. Parts of my hair needed 2 or 3 rotations.... I knew the consultant wasn't lying because that is why I tried to contact the girl who messed up my hair to see if she could correct her mistake. I could l itterally feel my head and feel and see lots of new growth and it didnt even look like I had anything done to my hair. That's crazy. Smh. Also there were parts where she stopped at the wrong spot. My hair was a mess. I was amd still am ticked off that someone from the website jackie up my hair..... and there are 2 ppl on the website that are located in virginia and in the city of Portsmouth and I wouldn't advise anyone to go to them. Smh....
However my hair is doing fine now.... I HAVE a new consultant that is located in va beach and she did a good job on my hair. I will be going to her until I move bc I plan on moving again in the next 8 months..
Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of uncertainty in the world of Sisterlocks, which is what I have been praying about, concerning the availability of consultants. Once the company find new ways to market the technique, I believe they will attract more prospective trainees/ consultants.

    My first client for a retightening, ended up not being my first client, as I confirmed what she believed was improper technique applied to her hair. She decided to do what was close to "the big chop," which was drastic, considering how long her longs truly were. As a Sisterlocks trainee, it has been a journey re tightening ppls hair; I would have to go back and refer to my notes incessantly! It currently takes me along time to do my re-tightening sessions (about 5 hrs); I believe i'm improving, considering the low volume of clients I currently have! Since it takes me along time, my rates are capped at 5hrs. I just don't see it customer service by asking them to pay for my lack of speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and O-M-G! Was the trainee sleeping in the class! There was nothing about grease introduced to the class; only thing I could think of to explain her behavior was that she was a cosmetologist or has experience working with hair in the past: she's in default mode!

      Delete