Saturday, June 9, 2012

Untitled, just a thought...

Ok so i was looking a picture on a natural hair blog. It was a picture of a boz permed that was .99cents. And the caption read "naturals are taking over they are just giving them away." But i mean at the same time box relaxers have always been under $9.. I have been natural for Over 3 years. I stopped putting chemicals in my hair 2 years prior to that. To me, being a loose natural is more expensive than relaxing ones hair. Now if your going to a licensed professional I kindof think the prices are pretty neck and neck. I love my loose natural hair and i love my sisterlocks. But I kindof think being natural is a fade that a lot of people are trying bc it is "in" I would love to see all these ppl that are natural now, still natural 10 years down the line. I would also love people that are natural totally embrace it. By that I mean not hiding behind weaves and braids. To me being natural means you are not afraid for the world to see the real you and for you to be comfortable in the Skin your in. It's not to say they are a bad person its just I think a lot ppl cannot do that. I have had ppl tell me that too. I think its all about maintain too. I have seen ppl with chemicals in their hair and its really healthy. I have also seen ppl with natural hair and their hair is competely damage and unhealthy.. natural just means free of chemicals... That would include colors... So if u have a color technically ur not natural because that is not the natural color that grows from their hair. I am not judging I am just making a statement to have yall look at it in a different way.. Now that i have sisterlocks... That def takes away from not having to buy products to put in my hair and my drying time is cut down significantly. But the price I pay for my retis is what I paid when I had relaxers &/or loose natural hair. When i was a loose natural I went to stylist twice a month. I have always had a professional maintain my hair. I still don't regret my decision. I will always go to a professional for the rest of my life. But that's my choice. I am too lazy and have too much hair to do it myself.lol.I will also note that I think AA magazines are comfortable with natural hair. Society has embraced our natural hair a long time ago, it just took us(AA) a while to embrace it. I remember in fashion magazine ALek I cannot think of her last name. She was a supermodel.She had natural hair and grace Jones they rocked tea in the 80s and 90s and the majority loved them for it. I am happy that we are doing it now.... Sorry I did my college senior thesis on natural hair 2 years ago. And everytime I see these picturea I go into research mold...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment