Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My sisterlocks pattern is...

I found out what my sisterlocks pattern was the day of my install and it is a "3 pattern". Finding out my sisterlocks pattern is a "3 pattern" was interesting since the common pattern that I have found on the web is "4 pattern" or "reverse 4 pattern". When I had my testers locks installed over a month ago, my hair took all the patterns which shocked my consultant because appartently everyone has at least one lock that unravels and I had none. I was braiding, twisting, spraying, bandtu knoting, and washing those testers.lol. I read on the web that a "3 pattern" is for fuller locks. I dont think my hair can get any fuller no matter what pattern I use. Or can it? I also read that its for thin hair, but I do not have have thin hair. But I did read that a "3 pattern" is quicker to do when you are doing a retighten.

Sisterlocks
3 Pattern Bullet Points
  • Fuller Volume Locks
  • Used for fine hair
  • Commonly used for medium to long curl pattern
 Pattern 4
  • Used for tightly curled hair.
  • The most common locking patterns:
pattern 4 reversed
  • The least common locking pattern.
  • Used for excessive slippage
Even though I do not forsee myself ever being a DIYer it is always good to know just in case my consultant has an emergency and cannot do my hair. I was wondering for the ladies and gentlemen that are subscribe to my blog what are your interlocking pattern?

6 comments:

  1. I heard there is also a double 3 pattern as well. Don't know the rotations though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of a double 3 before. I am not saying it does or does not exist though. I learn somethin new everyday. Is the double three used on sisterlocks or traditional locs? Also what hair types are typically under the double 3 pattern? Im just curious... my apologies for all the questions i just want to be educated on it. So that I can also share with others

      Delete
    2. During my Sisterlocks consultation, my consultant tried the double 3, regular 4, and reverse 4 patterns on my hair.

      Delete
  2. I took the Sisterlocks Consultant Course and I am registered as a trainee but I was mainly interested in locking my own hair and maintaining it. Everything I've come to understand through this course and my own research is that the 3 point rotation is best for fine,thin,less dense hair like mine. I just knew that the 3 point rotation was for me until I went for a consultation recently. I tried installing my Sisterlocks but found it impossible to see what I was doing. My consultant is awesome!She is knowledgeable and her salon and her vibe was sweet. I was surprised when she decided that the best pattern for me was 4 point rotation for my fine and loose curl hair. She explained that the 4 pattern would be best for me because there would be less slippage. The way she explained it made total sense. My understanding was the 3 point pattern would have given me more fullness. Will I eventually obtain fullness with the 4 point pattern? Is it that much of a difference and would you suggest that after the 4 pattern is installed I re tighten with the 3 point thereafter? I do trust my consultant but this question is plaguing my mind. My installation is next month and I really want this question resolved in my mind so I can stop obsessing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do you is good for fine but dense hair?

      Delete
  3. Is the 4 point regular entering from 3, then 6, then 9, then 12 or the opposite?

    ReplyDelete